Nintendo DS Emulator was launched by Nintendo years back and is a handheld gaming device. In 2004, Nintendo introduced the device with a Dual Screen (The lower one is the touch screen ) and Wi-Fi feature, which let the user directly connect to other users within a short range.
Nintendo DS Features:
- Dimension: 5.85 in X 3.33 in X 1.13 in ( when closed )
- Display: Upper one – 3-inch TFT LCD with 256×192 pixel resolution. Lower is the same but with a touchscreen sensor.
- CPU: Two ARM processors, one ARM 9 and one ARM 7
- RAM: 4GB PSRAM
- Connectivity: Wireless IEEE 802.11 range is 30 to 100 feet.
- Controls: Touch Screen, built-in microphone, control pad, D-pad, start and select button.
- Battery: Rechargeable 850 mAh lithium-ion battery that lasts 6- 10 hours of play.
- Storage: 256 KB serial flash memory.
- Other feature: Built-in PictoChat allows up to 16 users to chat through wireless connectivity.
- Language: English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, and Italian.
Nintendo DS Version:
- Nintendo DS: This is the original version of the console, which comes with a button control, a stylus, and a dual-screen display.
- Nintendo DS Lite: The Lite version is smaller, light, and sleek in design than the original DS.
- Nintendo DSi: A successor to the DS Lite, it has Wi-Fi compatibility and a camera for photo booth effects for camera-based games.
- Nintendo DSi XL: The DSi XL is a larger version of the Nintendo DSi with a larger display and form factor.
- Nintendo 3DS: 3DS is the second generation of DS consoles with a joystick and 3D graphical capabilities.
- Nintendo 3DS XL: 3DS XL is the larger version of the 3DS console with updated features.
- Nintendo 2DS: It features a flat design than a foldable hinge design, which is cheaper than the previous 3DS.
- New 3DS: The latest version of the previous 3DS console.
- New 3DS XL: An updated and larger variant of 3DS.
- New 2DS XL: The updated 2DS XL with foldable hinge and a more significant form factor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Nintendo DS Emulator still available?
Unfortunately, Nintendo stopped its handheld production back in 2020. Even significant retailers still need a copy of it. But some online marketplaces still have few collections and are still selling online.
What replaced Nintendo DS?
Nintendo was producing the game for its main home console and handheld console. The Switch is a unique hybrid home console and handheld simultaneously, which means 3DS is no longer a unique niche. Even games are not being developed for 3DS; accordingly, the Switch can be considered the WiiU and 3DS.
Should You Buy a Nintendo 3DS in 2023?
As Nintendo 3DS no longer has new games released and Switch is becoming a popular console, in that scenario, it’s difficult to say whether one should buy it or not. Even though the console’s price has increased since its initial release, it can be found at $300.
Buying an outdated game console comes with a risk; it will be challenging to repair or change any parts of it.
Nintendo being nice to the user has promised that the old discontinued console hardware support will be provided to the user, it’s good news for those planning to get one.
3DS Emulator for Android:
- DraStic DS Emulator
- Citra 3DS Emulator
- Pretendo NDS Emulator
- NDS Emulator
- Ultimate x3DSx Gold
- NDS Boy
DS Emulator for iOS:
- iNDS Emulator
- NDS4iOS Emulator
Follow us on Facebook for the latest Emulators, gaming consoles, and ROMs updates. Comments below to let us know your thoughts on Nintendo DS Emulator.